There are plenty of alternative choices to hardwood flooring and one of this would be bamboo flooring. When you're transforming your floors, many householders would immediately decide on installing the standard hardwood planks. This is an exceedingly brilliant idea since they're gorgeous, sophisticated, and will add value to your house. But , they also are dear and troublesome on the environment. Thus, regardless of if traditional hardwood flooring is a great option, there are still many new materials on the market you can use. It is favored due to its strength, selection, and cost-effectiveness. That's the reason why when you're shopping around the market, you can check on bamboo flooring.
Why select bamboo flooring? There are numerous answers to that particular question that will definitely convince you to select this sort of flooring. We are going to answer that question in the following paragraphs. Bamboo floors are not made from wood and they are of exotic constructions. They are harder than most hardwoods but they are actually a kind of grass found in the Asian states. These hollow shoots are cut down, chopped into strips, and then laminated together to appear like standard wooden plants.
One unique benefit you can get from bamboo flooring is it is outstandingly green. Bamboo will mature in only a few years, not like wood which may take decades to grow. And, it'll revive by itself without any need for re-planting. This is a truly replaceable resource. It will not also require you to put insecticides or manure for it to grow. Do not worry about panda bears? Diet since they eat different kinds of bamboo grass in different nations.
When you install bamboo flooring in your place, you won't only have a great ecological product, but also it'll provide you substantial benefits for your house environment as well because of its:
- Sturdiness. Because of its strength, this materials is sometimes invulnerable to dents and will lasts a while (about 10-20 year warranty).
- Adaptability. They're stronger than most hardwoods but they're still light-weight which will make it easy for cutting during installation. They're also flexible enough to fit any room dimensions.
- Resilience. It is pest, mould, fire, and stain resistant.
When you want to install bamboo flooring, then you will have different installation options to make a choice from. Bamboo floors can be installed in any of your room and on any kind of sub-floor. You will install it just like other wood products so your Atlanta flooring expert might be able to take care of its installation. Here are preferred installation options available for you.
- Horizontal style. The bamboo planks are laid flat on the ground, divulging the plant’s growth rings (knuckles) for a rather more natural look.
- Vertical style. The strips in this bamboo flooring are laminated on their sides, so that the strips appear in longer, thinner rows, allowing your floors to have a tight, complicated look.
- Strand-woven style. This style will look like every other design in the market, but it is produced a bit differently. The strips are uniquely coated, compressed, and milled to keep an even greater strength.
When referring to cost, bamboo flooring is also competitive. When it comes to installation, the price will likely be the same since it is laid like every other product. But , the cost of the product itself is seriously cheaper. You'll only pay about $5-$10 per square foot which is just about half that of other hardwood products. And, it will save you on your maintenance costs. But , remember that not as it is robust and difficult does not always mean it is indestructible. That is why you should not slide your furniture around and use rugs where your are able to.
AA Flooring is hardwood floors Atlanta flooring specialist. We offer 100% quality to COMMERCIAL flooring and HOME flooring customers in the Metro Atlanta area. We focus on installation, refinishing and maintainers of flooring options including HARDWOOD FLOORS, TILE and STONE, CARPET and VINYL, & Internal Design.